Employment and Finances
Third Stimulus Check
Free Tax Preparation
- Register by calling 504.515.1972 or by clicking here.
- Location: Hispanic Apostolate (St. Lawrence the Martyr Church 25th St. and Maine Ave.
- Time: 9AM – 3PM
- Dates: Saturday March 6, 20, 27 and April 10
- Your work hours have been reduced because of lack of work due to Coronavirus.
- Your workplace closes temporarily, and you are not being compensated.
- You have been instructed not to go to work, and you are not being paid while at home.
- Those who are eligible to receive unemployment insurance benefits may also qualify for SNAP benefits.
The State unemployment benefits program continues to work as it always did. But, in response to COVID-19, the federal government created a new temporary federal unemployment insurance program. The federal program supplements the State’s existing unemployment insurance program by providing an additional $300 per week until March 14. Apply for unemployment insurance through through the Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC) by calling 866-783-5567 or filling out the application below.
Short-Term Job Training
The Office of Workforce Development and the American Job Center (JOB1) are offeringtfree short-term training. Call (504)658-4500 for more information.
Coronavirus Job Opportunities
WorkNOLA has created a list of employers that are currently hiring extra staff due to needs during the pandemic. Find what is available and apply below.
Greater New Orleans Foundation Service and Hospitality Family Assistance Program
The Greater New Orleans Foundation is offering grants of up to $1,000 for service and hospitality workers whose families are experiencing financial crisis in the Greater New Orleans region. Find out more and apply below.
Art Council of New Orleans
If you are an artist, the Arts Council of New Orleans has created a list of relief resources for artists and freelancers. Find more info below.